Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Manila!

Hey all!

Just a quick update, so this week is finishing a little earlier for me because tomorrow I go off to Manila! I am going to the Philippines to play in an ultimate frisbee tournament, Manila Spirits. Manila Spirits is one of the largest ultimate frisbee tournaments in Southeast Asia, with approximately 50 teams from the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Korea, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, the United States, and of course Vietnam. The tournament is played in Alabang Country Club outside of Manila, and there will be three days of games played. One day of Open (men's) on Friday, then two days of Mixed (co-ed) on Saturday and Sunday.

I have never been to the Philippines before and I have never played in an ultimate tournament in Southeast Asia, so this whole thing is a big adventure for me. I will be playing with VUDOO, or Vietnamese Ultimate Defense Offense Organization. VUDOO is Vietnam's main organizational body for ultimate, and I am super happy to be playing with these guys.

It definitely feels weird to be preparing for a tournament without my teammates from Chicago. I feel like I should be just packing into a van and driving off to Wisconsin instead of getting ready to board a plane to Manila. But hey, ultimate is ultimate and I'm just looking forward to playing.

I'm really excited about going to Manila, and hopefully VUDOO can rock Manila Spirits!

Updates to come,
Jeffers

More information on Manila Spirits:

http://www.philippineultimate.org/pua/2012/07/manila-spirits-2012/

http://www.facebook.com/events/207945102665848/?ref=ts&fref=ts  

No comments:

Post a Comment