Friday, August 3, 2012

Silly times and serious times

Hello readers,

Thursday was another day of training focused on teaching speaking. Many important lessons were learned that day, but most importantly, Thursday was the first day we went to Karaoke in Vietnam. Pictures:

So on Thursday we went to Karaoke. Here are the pictures. Highlights included Backstreet Boys, S Club 7, N'Sync and Spice Girls.









Any alleged pictures or, God forbid, video of me singing, dancing, doing the Bernie or generally making a fool of myself are pure rumor. 

On Friday I met my host contact at Ben Tre College! Mr. Pham Van Luan, head of the Young Creative Group that works very closely with the English Department. I had emailed Mr. Luan before, but this was the first we met. His English is not great but he is incredibly friendly and very welcoming. Its great to finally put a face to the name, and things are starting to slowly become more real. Hard to imagine, but I'm even more excited now!

Meeting Mr. Luan!
With a Ben Tre information guide


We then went to a very nice lunch at the Hilton Hanoi Opera Hotel


Mr. Luan with Claire

One last picture at lunch!

After lunch Mr. Luan headed off to Tai Binh province to go to a conference and we finished up class. We went out Latin dancing that night, and I learned that going to the other side of the world did not in fact improve my dancing skills. Oh well.

This weekend we are going off to Ha Long Bay, a beautiful bay that I honestly believe is one of the most magical places in the world. I'll be without a computer for the next couple days, but I will update you as soon as I get back!

Thanks for reading,
Jefferson


No comments:

Post a Comment